Thursday, July 29, 2010

how FB is slowly taking over my time, my life....

---as i write this tonight,i still have one pot to wash and a rice cooker to clean up. i still haven't brushed my teeth. my dog, finn, wants to play "who's the boss around here" but have opted to just lay beside me, maybe patiently waiting when i'll finish typing - errrr, that would be an hour and a half before hubby comes home from work (hopefully, i could find time to brush my teeth in between).

---i wouldn't say much about how i came to know about facebook, but it was upon the invitation of my 'kumare' andromeda alayu-roberts (she was actually my first friend to appear among my contacts); secondly, my daughter recommended facebook since friendster was already a dying breed then. although i was still hooked on friendster, even wrote several blogs there - whatever i felt i needed to write, it was all written down there. i also kept numerous pics - from mhelai's baccalaureate mass and graduation rites. to sum it up, friendster was my "friend" even if they say it was already passe. and so with a heavy heart, i moved on to facebook. it was back to square one, a new learning process, very much different from friendster. but i was getting the hang of it. i felt i'd also be more at home with it and maybe find new friends, old friends, relatives, relationships (hi hi hi) or maybe personalities/celebrities. and i think i made the right choice.

---i met old friends from friendster, leigh casambros, siege & cristy malvar, olive ochoa and a lot of mhelai's HS & college friends. i have discovered old relations from my childhood years. then came the games. this, friendster didn't have - i was hooked on cafe world! i felt there was a need for me and the notebook to be always together so my dishes won't get spoiled! so lilli had to be with me most of the time at the malls - thank goodness SM has a prestige lounge where i can comfortably "cook" and "serve" my dishes. there was never - and i mean never a day when i didn't log in to FB. i needed to check who's there, what posts are interesting so i can make comments, who's online, check my cafe world, check my pet society, check my private messages. it was addicting!!! FB was always on top of my list!!

---then came my interaction with LIBERA. my contacts suddenly added to a surprising 3 to 110! but i didn't have any regrets about this because i made friends through this choirboys from south london. and not only through the internet - we met, personally! chix abellanosa, romina enopia, riel sacop, doris solidum, joel andaya, jon de castro, eric pazziuagan, mitch young. in short, these strangers became a family to me. to this day, even if some of us went through rough waters because of different opinions and views concerning libera, i still treasure their friendship no matter how short it was & even some of the names i mentioned are not in my contacts anymore. but still we all met on FB.

---facebook brought joys and sorrows. i made friends with some, hurt the feelings of a few. i also had my share of frustrations from some whom i thought were my friends. and so i made the decision of subtracting quite a number of those pretending to be my facebook friends. but still it was interesting to read the highs and the lows of people (mine included). whatever it was that was interesting for that day, it's all documented. countless frustrations, loneliness, depressions, there was always something to share. even pets are not spared. there is a section where interaction among pets are shared.

---so why did i say FB is taking over my life? because i literally "breathe" it. i can't disconnect from it. it's like taking away something that's so important that once it's all gone, there's no way you can get it back. my new-found friend, estella kim from canada, has told me she'd "unplug" from the technology of computers for the time being. hats off to her if she can withstand days or months away from her computer, away from facebook. i can't. one day of not being able to log in sends a different sensation - it's like a feeling of withdrawal from your last cigarette.

---and so it's facebook after breakfast through lunch. FB again in the afternoon through midnight. i wished i was being paid for this, hah hah. everyday is a new adventure on facebook. there is always something new to look forward to, something good to share with friends (and strangers), something to sell, something to talk about, fight about. recently, a libera fan and a friend from bacolod has told me he has found his "love" through libera and facebook. that's nice.. i have made friends myself from malaysia, indonesia, united kingdom, united states and italy. and after this blog? it's back to my favorite games on mindjolt!!

P.S. i was successful in brushing my teeth, cleaning the rice cooker and washing the pot. finn has decided to just sleep on this rainy thursday, rather friday morning (12:15am).. i love you, FB....