Thursday, October 27, 2011

KEN MADINE



KEN MADINE

let me open my article with an apology to mrs. madine. mam, this is just pure joke between me and the teenagers whom i befriended here on facebook. they're all my friends and fans of your son, joshua. we're all fans, by the way. but my personality is by far a distant from my age. being 53, i blend well with the teeners whom i met starting in 2009 when i declared myself a fan of libera.

admittedly, i'm more of a thomas cully fan but joshua is one boy you can't miss esp if you play their angels in concert DVD. he has the looks and the voice. he warms the heart of the fans, the ladies specially. there is something in his smile that endeared him to the filipino fans, of course he has a good voice, too. and in one of our forums, i gave them (tom & josh) two titles befitting them. tom, the heart of libera and joshua, my sunshine boy.

late 2009, somebody forwarded me a picture of mr. madine. i showed it to my husband & commented that josh took after him. it was at this point that these girls were scrambling to get to josh - going to each and every site just to discover if he was indeed the real person who owned that account. it was mayhem on the internet! and i found it so awkward to join the melee. i figured, how can a woman my age go after josh?! so i told them, i'll leave josh to you, just give me the dad because he is my "crush" - OF COURSE IT WAS SAID IN A JOKING MANNER!!! i'm not a stalker and i don't intend to be one. i have high respect for myself and the madines so i told the girls and boys it would be embarrassing if somebody will spill out this silly joke.

then last tuesday's concert, somebody tipped off that mr. madine was there! i was kidding my daughter & those around me, finally, i'll meet my "crush". silly! i went up to mr. madine and told him how lucky he is to have 2 beautiful and talented sons. i asked if his wife was with him to watch the concert and he said she was left back home to be with their daughter. he thanked me. (thanked those around him) for coming to the concert. he obliged for some picture taking with me & the other fans.

seriously, i have high respect for the parents of the choristers. it's very difficult to entrust your children, traveling miles away from you for even more than a week - some as young as 6 yrs. old (?). of course there's always ms. barbara to take care of them and the other staffs, like ms. lewis. but i know, young as they are, they miss home. but josh and matthew are lucky to be with their dad and so are the other boys whose parents i heard flew just in time for the concert here and cebu.

thank you, too, mr. madine for "borrowing" you and made you up with our silly joke. you & mrs. madine are blessed with intelligent, talented and beautiful kids. may you all be continually blessed.