Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"deep peace"

i thought my blog ends with my review of the concert.. there's more to it because a personality from south london has finally patched things up with a fan from the philippines. andy winter and mitch young have reconciled and agreed to take down the video on youtube.

it was one hell of a ride for both men. i will not say more and with mitch's permission, i'm reposting his humble letter to andy winter, to which andy replied with utmost sincerity (i'm still awaiting approval from andy if i could also repost his reply to mitch). one thing i can assure you, both messages made me cry!!!!

To Mr. Andy Winter,


I don’t know how or where to begin, but maybe greeting you with a simple hello would be alright.

I am writing to you not to debate on what happened, or to emphasize on who’s right, or what was uttered. None of it matters now. But I do respectfully come up to you to apologize about my reaction thru the vid I posted at YouTube. I have removed the video with all sincerity that I want this issue to end.

I know damage has been done, and I would understand if it will be difficult for you to accept my apology. Likewise, for all those who were affected- Libera members, your immediate family, friends and fans- I do ask the same.

During the time the video was posted, I have also received comments and personal messages from people who claim to know you personally- both supportive and nasty ones. True or not, it is not my business anymore. But I’ve always believed in one thing though- that life doesn’t stand still, people learn from past experiences, and they do change for the better. People will always show the good in them even when the most awful of situations arise. I know, after all of what has happened, we find ourselves as better persons this time.

I appreciate it very much that you replied to my friend Thelma, who in turn told me that there is still a chance to patch things up. Thelma is someone whom I vented my anger on about what happened, wherein I also admit I said vicious things about you. And for that I would like to say sorry.

It’s gonna be tough to mend the heartaches I have caused you- the mental anguish I may have brought about these past few days. But I hope that thru my humblest apology, I can help you recover from all those inconveniences the situation has caused.

With the way you reached out, I see you differently this time. I look up to you and respect you even more as a person. And for the things you tirelessly contribute to Libera and its fans, I thank you.

For all its worth, I wish you comfort from all these, peace of mind, and bountiful blessings ahead- for you, your family, and your friends.

God bless you, Andy.


Sincerely,
Mitch Young